Make a starfish crystal necklace with shell charms to get in the mood for summer. This necklace is made using wrapped loops. We’ve included a video to show you how to make them. It’s easy once you get the rhythm of it!
How To Make A Starfish Crystal Necklace
Starfish charm, gold, 16mm
Sand Dollar charm, gold, 7mm
Seashell charm, gold, 9mm
16 Swarovski crystal bicones, Sapphire, 4mm
12 Swarovski crystal bicones, Aquamarine, 4mm
10 Swarovski crystal bicones, Pacific Opal, 4mm
Gold loop chain, 6½” cut into two equal lengths
Gold wire, 24mm
3 jump rings, gold, 5mm
Toggle clasp, gold, 10mm
1. Connect a jump ring to each charm.
2. Make a wrapped loop component for the center of the necklace featuring the star fish charm. For the center component, slide the beads on in this order:
Pacific Opal – Sapphire – Aquamarine – Starfish Charm – Aquamarine – Sapphire – Pacific Opal
Here’s a video we made showing how to make a wrapped loop:
3. Next make a wrapped loop component sliding the first loop into the end loop of the starfish component. For this component, slide the beads on in this order:
Aquamarine – Seashell Charm – Aquamarine
4. Repeat to make a matching component on the other side of the starfish component. For this component, slide the beads on in this order:
Aquamarine – Sand Dollar Charm – Aquamarine
5. Continue using the same technique and add three wrapped loop components to each side of the necklace. Slide the beads on in this order:
Aquamarine – Sapphire – Pacific Opal on one side and Pacific Opal – Sapphire – Aquamarine on the other
6. Add a single component to each side featuring Sapphire – Pacific Opal beads on one side and Pacific Opal – Sapphire on the other.
7. Add two more wrapped loop components to each side, each with one Sapphire beads. As you finish the last component on each side, connect the loop while still open to the end of a piece of chain.
8. Make a wrapped loop component with a Sapphire bead to connect the clasp to the end of the chain. Repeat to connect the other side of the clasp to the other end of the necklace.
This necklace will be 17½” long. You can adjust the length by changing the length of the chains.
Jennifer & Kitty
We love getting Pinned!