What are chic witches decorating their tables with this season? A Bewitching Bouquet of long-stemmed roses tipped in fine black glitter.
Long-stemmed black silk roses, 12.
Black ultrafine glitter.
White craft glue.
Straight-sided glass vase, 12” tall.
Blue masking tape, 1” width.
Black gloss spray paint.
Metallic red spray paint.
Black satin ribbon, 1½” wide, 30” length.
Large, black rubber spider.
Tools & Supplies
WHAT TO DO
1. Dilute the craft glue with water on a paper plate. Paint the tips of the rose petals with glue, then sprinkle generously with black glitter. Repeat for all 12 roses.
2. Clean the vase thoroughly with window cleaner. Spread out the drop cloth in a well-ventilated area and paint the outside of the vase with the red spray paint. Apply several light coats to prevent drips. Let the vase dry for 1 hour.
3. To create the stripes, wrap the vase with strips of blue masking tape 1” apart. Rub down all the tape edges so no paint will seep underneath. Coat the vase with the black spray paint. Again, apply several light coats to prevent the paint from running. Let the vase dry for 1 hour, then remove the masking tape.
4. To attach the spider, wrap the black ribbon around the vase and tie in a knot. Center the spider over the knot, then criss-cross the ends of the ribbon over the spider, and tie in a knot behind the spider. Trim the ribbon, leaving 5” ends.
5. Arrange the glittered black roses in the vase and invite the witches over for a ghoulish gala!
Black Magic: To create a vase with a ghastly glow, use metallic red car paint which looks translucent on glass, then light up the vase from the inside with twinkle lights. Spellbinding!