Make this Blingy Ombre Bracelet by wrapping rhinestone cupchain onto leather with embroidery floss. We’ll show you in this video tutorial.
Here’s a step by step video tutorial we made showing how to make this bracelet. Follow along with our video, then use the written instructions below to make your own.
How To Make This Blingy Ombre Bracelet
24″ Embroidery thread: chestnut, sand, cream
7½” Rhinestone cupchain, 2mm
24″ Brown leather cord
½” Button closure
1. Fold leather cord in half. Tie end of chestnut thread around looped end of cord about ½” from looped end.
2. Wrap thread around two cords 5 times, hiding knot. Lay end of rhinestone cupchain on thread wraps. Attach cupchain to leather cords by wrapping thread 2 times around cupchain between first and second rhinestone and around leather
Template Should Print 7.5 Inches Long
Right-Click To Download And Print
3. Continue wrapping 2 times between each rhinestone and around leather cords. Compare wrapped section to above template to see when to add next color thread.
4a. To attach next thread, hold chestnut thread straight out from bracelet. Lay sand thread across it.
4b. Tie chestnut thread around sand thread.
4c. Tie sand thread around chestnut thread. Trim threads to 1″ and tuck ends under leather cords.
5. Continue wrapping cupchain to leather cords as in step 3. Compare bracelet to template above to see when to add the next color.
6. Tie cream thread to sand 7 thread as in step 4. Continue wrapping cupchain to leather cords until end of cupchain. Make 5 more wraps after end of cupchain.
7. Split the six strands of embroidery thread into two sections. Pull one section between leather cords. Tie two sections together in a knot on back side of bracelet. Trim ends.
8. Feed button onto one leather cord and slide up to threads. Tie two cords together in overhand knot.
9. Trim leather leaving 1″ ends. Slip loop end over button to clasp bracelet.
Isn’t that a fun bracelet? If you have any questions, just leave us a comment and we’ll reply. We’re here to help!
Jennifer & Kitty