Make a pretty and easy friendship bracelet using just leather cord and a button. Your bestie will love it! This one is fast, but so cute!
We made a video to show you just how to make your own easy friendship bracelet. If you like jewelry making videos, you might like our YouTube channel. Check it out and if you like it, be sure to subscribe!
How To Make This Easy Friendship Bracelet
Tools & Materials
1 Silver Shank Button
30” Leather Cord (Round Lace), 1.5mm diameter
1. Cut a piece of leather cord 30″ long. This leather cord is called leather lace and it is soft and smooth – almost waxed. It is round and has a diameter of 1.5mm. Ours has a silver color to it.
2. Fold the cord in half by lining the ends up.
3. Then tie a knot just below the folded end. This will create a loop which will be part of our clasp.
4. Set the leather down on a ruler and measure 7”. This will be the finished length. Add more length here if you want your finished length longer. Then add 1 1/4” more to the length. Hold that spot on one cord.
5. Slide the shank button onto that piece of cord to that point.
6. Fold that cord end back on itself.
7. Grasp all three cords just below the button and tie a knot.
Move the knot if needed so it is the same distance from the button as the knot on the other end is from the loop.
8. Trim the tails that are sticking out of the knot. Clasp the easy friendship bracelet by fitting the loop over the button.
We hope you like this easy friendship bracelet. If you do, please subscribe to our blog! And if you have any questions, leave us a comment. We’d love to help.
Thanks for the visit!
Jennifer & Kitty