Make darling Clothespin Flower Fairies from silk flowers and wooden clothespins!
How To Make Clothespin Flower Fairies
1 Wooden clothepsin doll pin
Silk flowers, 4½” diameter
Silk flowers, 1 to 1½” diameter
2 Rhinestones, turquoise, 2mm
Darice Self-Stick Gems Flowers/Round
Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Paint, Ballet Pink #438
Satin ribbon, 5/8” wide, purple
Satin ribbon, ¼” wide, magenta
Satin ribbon, 1/8” wide, yellow
Organza ribbon, 7/8” wide, sheer aqua
Sharpie Paint Pen, pink
Beacon’s Fabri-Tac glue
1. Paint the clothespin and let it dry. Draw on lips with the paint pen (we drew a little V to look like heart-shaped lips). Glue on the rhinestone eyes. (Use a toothpick to apply the glue and it’s easier!)
2. Take the silk flowers apart by cutting the center to make an opening wide enough for the clothespin. Slip the flower onto the clothespin upside-down as a skirt. Glue into place with Fabri-Tac.
3. Cut a 2½” piece of the wide purple ribbon. Put Fabri-Tac all over the back of the ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the clothespin with the seam in back and overlap the top edge of the flower. Cut a 12” piece of ¼” ribbon and tie in a bow around the waist and trim ends. Embellish with flower gem.
4. Cut two 4½” of aqua organza ribbon. Tie one strip around the other and knot. Glue to the back of the clothespin to make wings. Cut the ends into a point.
5. Cut fourteen 2½” pieces of 1/8” satin ribbon to make hair. Glue each piece onto the head with a little Fabri-Tac, overlapping the pieces until head is covered. Cut a small flower off so it has a ½” stem. Glue it to the top of the head as a hat. (We tipped it back a little so you can still see her cute face.)
Want to see more kid crafts for summer? Big Blast of Kid Crafts #1: Fun In The Sun! is on sale now at Amazon for only $4.99. And good news! Kindle books work on Kindles, iPhones, iPads, PCs, Macs, Androids, BlackBerries, and Windows 7 Phones!