Learn to bead a necklace and earrings with black pearls and crystals.
Bead stringing goes glam with this iridescent glass bead and black pearl necklace featuring both round and cubed beads for added shine and texture. Make filigree flower earrings to mirror the pearl pendants on the toggle clasp.
Bead stringing wire, 19-strand
2 Clamshell bead tips, gun metal
2 Crimp beads, gun metal
1 Toggle clasp, gun metal
2 Earring hooks, gun metal
5 Headpins, 2”, gun metal
5 Filigree flower bead caps, gun metal
20 Green iridescent glass rondells, 3mm x 4mm
15 Green iridescent glass rondells, 6mm x 8mm
15 Green and blue iridescent glass cube beads, 5mm x 5mm
15 Hematite cube beads, 4mm x 4mm
15 Filigree round beads, gun metal, 7mm
5 Black glass pearls, 10mm
Chain nose pliers
Round nose pliers
1. Cut a 20” length of bead stringing wire. Feed one end of the wire through the bottom of a clamshell bead tip. Slide a bead onto the end of the wire. Flatten the crimp bead and trim the wire. Slide the clamshell over the crimp and press closed.
2. Slide all the 15-count beads, plus 15 of the 20 glass rondells onto the bead stringing wire in random patterns.
3. Feed the end of the wire through the bottom of a clamshell bead tip. Slide a bead onto the end of the wire. Slide the clamshell and crimp close to the beads to tighten the necklace. Flatten the crimp bead and trim the wire. Slide the clamshell over the crimp and press closed.
4. Attach each piece of the toggle the loop on the clamshell bead tip and press closed.
5. Make 5 flowers dangles by sliding a small glass rondell, a black pearl, and a filigree flower bead cap onto a headpin. Finish two dangles with a wrapped loop through an earring wire. Finish the other three with a wrapped loop around the circle of the toggle clasp.
We love getting pinned!