Make your own Candy Box Notebooks using candy boxes from the dollar store. This is a fun and easy craft for kids and groups, plus you get to eat candy! Sweet!
How To Make Candy Box Notebooks
1 empty candy box
2 loose-leaf book rings, 1 1/2″
ribbons in various colors
1. Cut out the front and the back of the candy box to make your book covers. Lay the covers on top of each other and trim them to the same size.
2. Trace the front cover onto the colored paper and cut out 25 sheets.
3. Punch 2 holes in the side of the front cover, then two matching holes in the back cover. Punch matching holes in the colored paper sheets.
4. Feed the back cover, stack of colored paper, and front cover onto the loose-leaf book rings.
5. Tie pieces of ribbons in little knots onto the rings and trim the ends. Then ask your friends for their autographs!
We’ve made these with other boxes too. Any box with a fun cover works. You can make big ones, too, with cereal boxes! This is a fun project for a group too. The materials are inexpensive and the results are no fail! Our favorite!
We are really proud of this book. It has 20 crafts with step-by-step instructions and big color photos. 55 pages worth! We made it because we love crafting and think kids’ crafts can be just as cool and creative as adults’. Here’s a lovely review from someone who liked the book:
“I just picked up The O’Neil Sisters’ new craft book last night thinking we’d do some crafts this weekend. My 6 year old dog-eared 8 or 9 pages before bed last night and woke up this morning ready to craft. This is a great book of simple, classic crafts for kids. Most of the crafts in the book can be made with supplies we have around the house; a jar, an old pair of jeans, some beads. I’d recommend this book to anyone with kids who love to craft. Thanks O’Neil Sisters!” -Jennifer C.
Yay! So glad your 6 year old had so much fun with the book, Jennifer C. We had fun making it!
Jennifer & Kitty
If you like the Candy Box Notebooks, feel free to pin them! We’d love it!