This gorgeous Crystal Rainbow Necklace goes with eberything. And it is easy to make. You just use crimp beads to keep the beads in place — they look like they’re floating!
Here’s a video we made showing how we created the Crystal Rainbow Necklace. Watch our little tutorial, then make your own Crystal Rainbow Necklace using the instructions below.
How To Make A Crystal Rainbow Necklace
15 Crystal rondelles, 5mmx8mm in rainbow colors:
pink, rose, red, orange, marigold, yellow, amber, taupe, light green, green, aqua, turquoise, light blue, blue, lavender, and purple
30 Crystal rondelles, 3mm in gun metal
32 Crimp beads, size #1, silver
19-strand Bead stringing wire, bright silver
Box cylinder screw clasp, silver
2 Crimp bead covers, silver
1. Cut a piece of bead stringing wire 21 inches long. Our finished necklace will be 17” so we cut the wire with an extra 2” on each side.
2. Measure 5” from the end of the wire. Slide on a crimp bead and crimp it.
From the other end of the wire, slide on a tiny gun metal rondelle, a pink rondelle, another gun metal rondelle, and a crimp bead. Press the beads together and crimp the second bead closed.
3. Measure ¼” from the last crimp. Slide on a crimp bead and crimp it. Slide on a tiny gun metal rondelle, a rose rondelle, another gun metal rondelle, and a crimp bead. Press the beads together and crimp the second bead closed.
4. Repeat this process adding the beads in rainbow order.
When you finish the last crimp, measure 2” and slide on a crimp bead and half of the clasp. Feed the end of the wire back through the crimp bead.
Crimp the bead and trim the wire.
Slide a crimp bead cover over the crimp bead and press it closed.
5. Repeat to add the clasp to the other side of the necklace.
We love how this Crystal Rainbow Necklace turned out. We got our beads at a bead show. It’s a fun outing if one comes to your neck of the woods.
Jennifer & Kitty
Love it? Pin it! Thanks!