We love these easy gemstone earrings. They dangle nicely and you can wear them with everything. We made these with Labradorite Briolettes. We love love love Labradorite. It’s a gorgeous grey gemstone with sparks of fire inside like an opal. You can make these easy gemstone earrings with any briolettes you like. Briolettes, also called top-drilled pear-shaped beads, come in all kinds of gemstones like quartz, jade, onyx, and aquamarine.
Follow along with our video tutorial, then use the steps below to make your own.
How To Make Easy Gemstone Earrings
2 Labradorite briolettes, 10mm
2 Labradorite rondelles, 3mm
2 Gold rings
2 Gold headpins
2 Gold earring wires
Gold wire, 26-gauge
1. Cut a piece of the gold wire about 2″ to 3″ long. Feed the wire through the top of the labradorite briolette. Center it on the wire.
Fold the sides of the wire up over the top of the bead so the wires cross. Bend one wire piece straight up from the tip of the briolette. TWrap the second wire around the first wire two times. Trim the end with the wire cutters.
2. Make a wrapped loop in the top of the wire capturing the ring inside the loop. To do this, use the round-nosed pliers to bend the top wire 90 degrees. Reposition the pliers to the top of the 90 degree bend. Wrap the wire all the way over the top jaw of the pliers. Put the bottom jaw of the pliers into the partial loop, then complete the loop. Slide the gold ring into the loop.
Hold the loop with the pliers and wrap the tail around the center wire two times. Trim the end with the wire cutters.
3. Slide the labradorite rondelle onto the headpin. Make a wrapped loop in the headpin, capturing the ring inside, using the same technique as in step 2.
4. Open the earring wire and slide on the ring with the labradorites attached. Close the earring wire.
5. Repeat to make the second earring.
Have any questions about this project? Just leave us a comment and we’ll reply! We’re here to help!
Jennifer & Kitty
We love getting Pinned!