Here’s a sweet project we did for Craft Ideas Magazine: Valentine’s Day Heart Soaps. We used all-natural Shea butter melt-and-pour soap base. Here’s how we did it.
How To Make Valentine’s Day Heart Soaps
8 ounces all-natural melt and pour soap base, white shea butter
30 drops essential oil, Palmarosa
60 drops soap color, Peach
Hearts silicone candy mold (by Wilton)
Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
1. Cut the melt-and-pour soap base into cubes. The soap base is scored into one ounce cubes.
2. Place the cubes in a Pyrex cup or microwave safe container. Melt the soap in the microwave on high (about 30 seconds). Stir the soap with a chopstick. Heat on high for ten more seconds, checking, stirring, and repeating until completely melted.
3. Add 60 drops of peach color to the melted soap. Add 30 drops of Palamrosa essential oil to the melted soap. Stir with the chopstick until blended. Remelt the soap in the microwave if a skin starts to form.
4. Pour the soap into the heart soaps mold. Bubbles will form on the surface of the soaps. When they do, spray the tops of the soaps with alcohol. This will pop the bubbles. Let the heart soaps cool for an hour (or until cool to the touch).
5. When the soap has cooled and set, turn the heart soaps mold over. Gently unmold the soaps. If the soaps don’t release easily, place the heart soaps mold in the freezer for 15 minutes and try again.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Jennifer & Kitty