Sugar Scrub Soaps are easy to make using melt and pour soap base! Just melt the soap base in the microwave and add sugar to make it a scrub. You can use soap molds or candy molds. Makes a sweet gift!
Follow along with the video to see how easy these are to make, then use the instructions below to make your own!
Instructions for Rose Sugar Scrub Soaps
White glycerin soap base, 4 ounces
Pink soap colorant
Essential oil, “stress relief”
Vitamin E oil
Rose candy mold
Pyrex measuring cup
1. Place 4 ounces of soap base in the Pyrex measuring cup and heat in the microwave at 30-second intervals until melted.
2. Add ½ cup sugar to the melted soap base and stir with a chopstick.
3. Reheat soap base in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, then add 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil and stir.
4. Add 4 drops of essential oil and stir.
5. Add approximately 14 drops of soap colorant and stir.
6. Sprinkle sugar into the bottom of each rose candy mold. Reheat soap mixture if needed, then pour into molds. Wait 30 seconds, then spritz with rubbing alcohol to pop any bubbles.
7. Let set up for 24 hours then pop out of the mold. These lovely little soaps make a great gift. Arrange seven on a small plate, wrap with cellophane, and tie up with a bow!