This cuff bracelet is so fast to make! And so easy! We love that you can use any lace and whatever brooches, rhinestone earrings, or buttons you find. The mix of brown leather, cream lace, and blingy Swarovski gems makes this cuff bracelet instant Boho Chic!
We made these cuff bracelets for the blog but never did a video for them. They are so popular we decided to make a video tutorial. Follow along as we make the cuff bracelet, then use the steps below to make your own.
How To Make A Leather And Lace Cuff Bracelet
Leather Wristband, Medium
Plaid Folk Art Waterbase Stain, Oak #2802
Lace trim, 1” wide
Rhinstone brooch earring or shank button, 1″ to 1½” wide
8 Flatback Swarovski gem rhinestones, crystal, 4mm
E6000 craft glue
1. Pour a little stain onto the sponge. Rub the stain onto the leather wristband using a circular motion. Be sure to go along the outside edges of the band too. Let the wristband dry.
2. Cut a piece of lace trim about 6 inches long. Close the wristband and see where the ends overlap.
Center the lace on the exposed part of the wristband so it doesn’t get hidden under the overlapping ends. Glue the lace in place using with E6000.
3. Use the wire cutters to snip the backing off your brooch, button, or earring. We find it works best to make repeated presses of the wire cutters. Be careful the pieces you cut off don’t fly off causing any injury!
4. Use the E6000 to glue the rhinestone brooch (or earring or button) onto the center of the piece of lace.
See where the brooch will make contact with the lace and put the glue there on the back of the brooch.
5. Add flatback rhinestone gems to the leather wristband using a toothpick. Just put a dab of glue on the toothpick and use it to apply the glue to the back of the flatback gem.
Place the gems on the cuff bracelet wherever you like. We thought they looked great on the leather in between the flowers of the lace.
Isn’t that a fun and pretty project?! We’re not surprised it has been so popular! Is it your style? We think it’s so wearable! Let us know what you think?
Jennifer & Kitty
Thanks For Pinning Us!