We are loving the choker trend. They are fun to wear and easy to make! We’ll show you how to make this easy choker from a piece of ribbon and embroidered trim.
To make your own easy choker all you need are crimp ends. You can find crimp ends in the jewelry section at the craft store. We’ll show you how to attach the crimp ends to the ribbon and trim so you can add a clasp. Then we’ll show you how to attach a box clasp and hang a pretty faceted crystal from your easy choker.
Here’s a video we made “How To Make An Easy Choker” on our YouTube Channel showing just how quick and easy this choker is to make. Follow along with the video tutorial, then use the step-by-step instructions below to make your own!
How To Make An Easy Choker
Embroidered or Lace Trim
Box clasp with jump rings
Extra jump ring
1. Measure your neck to get the proper length for your choker. Cut the ribbon and trim pieces one inch shorter than your measurement. When you add the clasp the choker will lengthen by about one inch. We made our choker 13″ long.
2. Glue the trim onto the ribbon. To do this, run a line of fabric glue down the center of the back of the lace trim. Turn it over and press it onto the ribbon. Let dry.
3. Add a dab of glue to the end of the ribbon/trim piece then slide on the crimp end.
Press the crimp end closed with the chain nose pliers pinching the ribbon and trim inside.
Repeat for the other side. Let dry.
4. Open a jump ring using the chain-nose and round-nose pliers. Attach the box clasp to one end of the choker in the loop on the crimp end. Repeat to attach the other side of the clasp to the other end of the choker.
5. Open the extra jump ring using the chain-nose and round-nose pliers. Slide the crystal onto the jump ring and attach the jump ring to the center of the choker. Close the jump ring.
Have any questions about this jewelry making project? Just leave us a comment and we’ll reply!
Jennifer & Kitty
We love getting pinned!