Here’s a sweet gift craft – no sew sachets. This little stack of silk sachets is easy to make since they are no sew. The filling is simply dried lavender buds and flax seeds. Simple and elegant!
How To Make No Sew Sachets
Materials & Embellishments For One Sachet
Fuchsia silk shantung, 5” x 5” square, 2 pieces
Purple satin ribbon, ¼” wide, 50” long
Purple silk flower
Alphabet letter rubber stamp, 1” square
Decorative rubber stamp, 4” square
Plaid Folk Art Metallic Silver craft paint
Dried lavender flowers, ¼ cup
Whole flax seeds, ½ cup
Tools & Supplies
HeatnBond Iron-on Hem Adhesive (aka Therm O Web Fusible Web Tape)
1. To personalize the sachet, lay one piece of the fabric on the newspaper. Using the foam paintbrush, carefully dab the silver paint onto the surface of the alphabet letter stamp.
2. Stamp the letter in the lower right-hand corner 1” from the edge. In the same manner, press the decorative stamp over the upper left-hand corner letting some of the design run off the edge. Let dry.
3. To make the sachet, lay the stamped fabric face-up and cover it with the unstamped piece. Sandwich a 5” piece of HeatnBond Tape between the top edges of the fabric. Using an iron with a silk setting, iron the edge until the tape melts and bonds the fabric. Repeat to seal two more sides, leaving one side open to pour in the filling.
4. To make the sachet filling, mix the dried lavender flowers with the flax seeds in a bowl.
5. Turn the sachet inside-right and use the funnel to pour the scented filling into the open end.
6. Close the sachet by folding the open end inside ½”. Sandwich a piece of HeatnBond Tape between the folded edges and iron to seal.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 to create two more sachets. Stack the three sachets and tie the purple satin ribbon around them like a package. Tie the ends in a bow and snip the loops in half to make six ribbon tails.
8. Using the wire cutters, snip the stem of the silk flower leaving a 3” stem. Slide the stem of the silk flower into the knotted ribbon on top of the sachet.
Intense Scents: For a stronger scent, add 10 drops of lavender essential oil to the sachet filling. Let the mixture air dry for one hour to prevent the oil from staining the silk.
These colorful sachets also make pretty party favors when tied up individually. And they go together so quickly, you can make a basketful in no time!
Jennifer & Kitty
We love getting pinned!