Here’s a fun project for Mother’s Day. Make Mom a set of photo cubes! You know she will love them!
This tabletop puzzle is easy to make. Just cut photos into squares and glue them onto wooden cubes. It’s like an interactive scrapbook. So fun!
6 family photos printed on a laser printer
9 wooden blocks, 2″x2″
Mod Podge Gloss
Craft knife like an X-Acto
Red spray paint
1. Start this project by sanding your wooden blocks to make them smooth. The sanding will create a little dust so use a tack cloth to clean the blocks.
2. Spray paint the cubes red. Let dry. Then dust with the tack cloth again.
3. Next, get six of your favorite photos printed on a laser printer. We like to take ours to Fedex Kinkos. First, we cropped the photos so they were square. Then we enlarged them to be 6″x6″. We also made our photos black and white. Fedex printed them on nice paper, not too thick.
4. Use the X-Acto knife and ruler on a cutting mat to cut the enlarged photos out. Then cut each photo into 2″ squares. It works well to cut the picture into three 2″ wide strips. Then cut each strip into 2″ squares. You will have nine 2″ squares.
5. Next, glue one square of the first photo to the first block. To do this, paint a layer of Mod Podge on the face of the block and press down the image. Apply a coat of Mod Podge on top as well.
6. Next, glue a second square of the photo to the second block. Continue until every block has one square of that photo.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the wooden cubes are covered with photo squares.
8. Arrange the photo blocks on your coffee table, then turn and flip each cube to create the photos.
We have made these photo blocks using pet pictures too. They turned out super cute! Let us know if you make them!
Jennifer & Kitty
We love getting Pinned!