Isn’t this a fun spa craft? Pink Peppermint Bubbling Bath Soak! Bubbling Bath Soak is a scented bath salt that bubbles and fizzes when you sprinkle it in the bath. Like magic! Have you ever used a bath bomb? Same trick! In this version, we decided to dry the bath soak to make fizzing bath flakes.
Our Pink Peppermint Bubbling Bath Soak is made with two colors: pink and white. Then layered into the jar to get a peppermint stripe! We love it for a gift craft. It is so pretty!
Here’s a video showing how to make the bath soak. Follow along then use the instructions below to make your own!
If you like how-to videos, we have all kinds on our YouTube channel.
How To Make Pink Peppermint Bubbling Bath Soak
Recipe For Pink Peppermint Bubbling Bath Soak
3 Tbsp. Epsom salts
3 Tbsp. Kosher salt (or coarse sea salt)
3 Tbsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. Sour salt (also called Citric Acid)
4-5 Drops peppermint essential oil
1-12 Drops pink soap colorant
To Label The Bottle And Dress It Up You’ll Need:
Printed Out Label (available on RunningWithSisters.com)
Clear packing tape
Pink satin ribbon
Diamond and pearl shank button
Hot glue and glue gun
You Will Also Need:
2 Mixing bowls
Here’s What To Do
1. Wash the jar and remove the label. Let the bottle dry completely.
2. Mix together 3 tablespoons epsom salts, 3 tablespoons baking soda, and 3 tablespoons kosher salt. Add 2 teaspoons of citric acid or sour salt. Add 5 drops of peppermint essential oil to the mixture. Blend together thoroughly. This will be your white layer.
3. Repeat step 2 to make a second batch and add to it 10 drops of pink soap colorant. Because the soap colorant has water in it, it will fizz a little when you add it to the mix. And unless you dry the mixture, it will clump. So the next step is a special tip on how to dry it!
4. To dry the pink bath salts mixture, spread it out on a cookie sheet and bake it in a 200 degree oven for 15 minutes. Check to be sure it is dry. Scrape the flakes off the pan with a spatula. (Alternatively, you can air dry the mixture overnight.)
5. Spoon a layer of pink bath flakes into the jar, then spoon in a layer of white. We used 3 tablespoons for each layer. Repeat to fill the jar.
6. To label the jar, right-click to save the label. You may need to resize it to fit your jar. Print out the label and cut it out.
Laminate the label by covering the back and front with packing tape. Cut the label out again. Use double-stick tape to attach the label to the jar lid.
7. Tie the pink ribbon around the neck of the jar. Glue the pretty button onto the center of the bow using hot glue.
Remember if you run into any questions while you’re making your Pink Peppermint Bubbling Bath Soak, you can post them in the comments. We’ll reply. We’re here to help!
Jennifer & Kitty
If you like the Pink Peppermint Bubbling Bath Soak, share it! We love getting pinned!
If you enjoy this spa craft, you might be interested in these too.