These Pumpkin Cookie Cutter Soaps are so fast, fun, and easy to make. You melt the soap base in the microwave! We swirled two colors together and added Pumpkin Pie scent. Yum! Then we used a pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out our soap shapes. This is a great project to do with kids!
Even if you’ve never made handmade soap before, you can do this soapmaking craft. We will show you how to add the color to the melted soap, add the scent, and how to swirl two colors together. And how to use a cookie cutter to cut out the soaps! Follow along with our video, then follow the steps below to make your own Pumpkin Soaps!
How To Make Pumpkin Cookie Cutter Soaps
20 Ounces melt-and-pour soap base, white
Orange soap colorant
Pumpkie pie soap fragrance (skin safe)
Tools & Materials
Pumpkin cookie cutter, metal
2 Pyrex cups
2 Paint stirring sticks
Cookie sheet (with edges)
1. To begin, cut the soap base into chunks along the score lines. Each cube will be one ounce typically. Place 10 cubes of soap in each Pyrex measuring cup.
2. Melt the soap in the microwave. Heat one Pyrex cup at a time, starting with 30 seconds, stirring, then heating in 15 second increments until the soap is melted.
3. To scent the soap, add 5 drops of Pumpkin Pie scent to each Pyrex cup and stir. Then add the orange colorant to one of the Pyrex cups. We added about 15 drops of our brand of color, but your colorant may vary. Add as much color as you like. If the soap is starting to cool and gets a skin on top, reheat the soap in the microwave for 15 or 30 seconds.
4. Pour both the white and the orange soap into the cookie sheet at the same time to swirl the colors. Use the chopstick for extra swirling. Let cool on a level surface.
5. Turn the soap out on the cutting board. Press the cookie cutter into the soap to cut out pumpkin shaped soaps!
These make super cute gifts and are easy to make in batches! Stack three or four soaps in a cellophane candy bag and tie with raffia!
Have fun making soaps!
Jennifer & Kitty
We love getting pinned!