Make a gorgeous pair of Tanzanite Crystal Wrapped Hoops. These beautiful earrings are similar to the Crystal Wrapped Earrings – our most popular video. We gave this pair of DIY earrings a twist by wrapping the crystals on a loose hoop that dangles from the earring wire.
To watch us making these Tanzanite Crystal Wrapped Hoops and see just how fast and easy they are, check out the video below. We’ve also included step by step instructions below. If you do make a pair, we’d love to hear how yours turned out! Leave us a comment!
How To Make A Pair Of Tanzanite Crystal Wrapped Hoops
Materials & Materials
2 Silver hoop rings, 30mm in diameter
2 Earring wires, silver-plate
44 Swarovski crystal bicone beads, Tanzanite AB, 4mm
26 Gauge wire, silver-plate
1. Cut a piece of wire 24” long. Hold one end of the wire against the hoop, leaving a 1” tail.
2. Wrap the wire around the hoop three times. Be careful not to get any kinks in the wire.
Press the wire wraps together on the hoop.
3. Slide a bicone bead onto the wire and press it against the hoop.
Holding the bicone in place, wrap the wire around the hoop two times. Press the wire wraps together.
4. Feed on another bicone and wrap the wire around the hoop twice. Continue with this pattern until the entire hoop is beaded. (We ended up with 22 bicones on our30mm hoop.)
Then wrap the wire around the hoop three times.
5. Trim the long piece of wire and the 1” tail using the wire cutters.
6. Spread the sets of 3 wire wraps apart to make room for the earring wire. Open the loop on the earring wire using the chain-nose pliers. To keep the loop’s round shape, open it like a gate or a door. Feed the beaded hoop into the earring wire loop, then close the loop the same way. (For extra dangliness, don’t close the loop too tightly!)
7. Repeat to bead the second hoop earring!
These Crystal Wrapped Hoops would make terrific handmade gifts. And you can make them in any colors you like. If you have any questions while you are making yours, leave us a comment and we’ll reply. We love helping!
Jennifer & Kitty