Make a single cupcake candle tin as a birthday gift or a batch as favors for a party! Smells so yummy!
Lidded tin, 3” diameter
Creme wax for containers
Pre-waxed medium bleached wick with clip
Vanilla Cupcake liquid candle scent
Yellow dye block for candles
Candle making thermometer
White index card
1. Weighing The Wax: To do this, place your tin on the scale and zero it out. (Or write down the weight of the tin to subtract from the weight when filled.) Fill the tin with water and weigh it again. This is approximately how much wax you will need. Weigh out that much wax, but add 2-4 ounces more for spillage, shrinkage, and whatever sticks to the bowl. (Ours was 7 ounces plus 2 ounces extra.)
2. Preparing The Wick: Wash and dry the tin. Use the wick keeper to adhere the bottom of the wick clip to the inside of the jar. Make sure it is centered. Tie the other end of the wick around a pencil and rest it across the top of the jar.
3. Melting The Wax and Adding Color & Scent: Melt the wax in a double boiler to 180°F. Shave off several curls of color from the dye block using the potato peeler. Add to the wax and stir with the chopstick. Drip a few drops of melted wax onto the white index card to see if the color is to your liking. Add more color if desired. Let the wax cool to 175°F, then add one tablespoon of the cupcake liquid candle scent to the melted wax and stir.
4. Pouring The Wax: Pour the wax into the wicked tin. Recenter the wick. Let the candle cool completely (24 hours is recommended.) Remove the pencil and trim the wick to ¼ inch.
5. Print the label and cut it out. Attach it to lid with double-stick tape. (Laminate first, if desired.)