Ready for more spa crafts? We are! Here’s the second delicious craft in our special Week of Gift Crafts!
Yummy! Yummy! Brown sugar, almonds, and oats make this scrub smell SO good!
We think this almond, oatmeal, and brown sugar scrub smells good enough to eat! The fine sugar crystals combined with the ground almond and oatmeal create a delicate body polish that leaves skin refreshed. Makes a sweet gift!
Almonds, 1/2 cup
Rolled oats (not instant), 1/2 cup
Brown sugar, 1/2 cup
Almond oil, approximately 1/2 cup
Materials & Embellishments
Wide-mouthed latched jar, 2″ x 3.5″ x 2″
Cotton twine, 12″
Brown paper bag
Brown Sharpie, fine point
Clear packing tape, 2″ wide
Tools & Supplies
What To Do
1. To make the exfoliant, grind the almonds in a food processor until fine. Pour into the mixing bowl.
2. Grind the oats and brown sugar in the food processor and add to the almonds in the bowl.
3. Drizzle the mixture with the almond oil.
4. Stir the scrub until it is thoroughly blended. Add more almond oil if it seems dry.
5. Spoon the almond sugar scrub into the wide-mouthed jar.
6. To make the label, cut a mini tag shape from the brown paper bag.
7. Write the name of the scrub on the brown paper tag.
8. To laminate the tag, cover both sides with a piece of clear packing tape and trim the edges.
9. Using a hole punch, make a hole at the pointy end of the tag.
10. String the twine through the tag hole and tie around the neck of jar. Secure with a knot and trim the ends of the twine. Delish!
Scrub-A-Dub-Dub: This recipe makes four 2-ounce jars of scrub.
Extra Extra! This Brown Sugar Scrub how-to is featured in our ebook The Joy of Scents: Spa Delights To Make, Keep, and Share with 10 step-by-step hand shots. Check out The Joy of Scents in our etsy store.