The countdown is on! Only 22 crafting days till Christmas! Let’s kick it off with a week of gift crafts. We’re all about spa gifts this year, so we’ll be sharing some of our favorite spa goodies. They’re as much fun to make as they are to give!
Creamy shea butter and real lavender buds make these
handcrafted soaps a luxurious gift.
We’ve been dying to try a sliced soap recipe, and we’re so glad we did! It was super easy to melt the soap, stir in real lavender buds, pour it into the mold, then slice the soap into disks. We even took it a step further and used cookie cutters to make the leaf shapes. Gorgeous!
8 ounces shea butter soap base
11/2 tablespoons dried lavender buds
Lavender essential oil
16-ounce round plastic water bottle without ridges
2 leaf cookie cutters, 11/2″ to 2″
8-ounce brie box
1. Cut the soap base into chunks, place in the Pyrex cup, and melt in the microwave. Stop and stir periodically. The soap will be frothy.
2. Mix in the dried lavender buds and 12 drops of lavender essential oil. Stir with the chopstick until blended.
3. Pour the soap mixture into the water bottle, stand upright, and let cool.
4. Once the soap has set, cut the top of the water bottle off. Cut the sides of the water bottle away from the soap. Slice the soap into 3/8″-thick disks.
5. Cut leaf shapes out of the soap disks with the cookie cutters. Place on a bed of raffia in the brie box.