We love year-end round-ups, so here’s our own. Here’s our most popular video of the year: How To Make A Big Loopy Bow. We love to make a big loopy bow to add to wreaths, big gifts, and for party decorations. Happy New Year!
Here’s the complete video. If you haven’t subscribed to our YouTube channel, please check it out. We’d love to have you subscribe!
1. Start by using real fabric ribbon. It barely costs more than the drugstore stuff and looks so much richer!
2. To make a fluffy bow, pinch 2-inches from the end of the ribbon between your index finger and thumb. Twist the ribbon between your finger and thumb.
3. Make a loop up over your thumb, pull the ribbon back between your thumb and index finger, and twist beneath the piece that’s already there. This small loop will stay at the center of the bow.
4. Next start making big loops, twisting and pinching between your thumb and index finger each time. Make lots of loops! The bow shown has about 16 loops.
5. To finish the bow, tie a 6-inch length of ribbon or floral wire around the pinched part inside of the loops and secure. Leave the ends free and use them to tie the bow onto your package.
Want to see the instructions for this pretty wreath? You can find them here.
Optional: Cut two or three of the lowest loops in half by sliding your scissors into the loop, sliding the blade out to the end, and cutting. Let those tails hang from the bottom of the bow.