We love how these Birdy Boho Earrings turned out. We’ll show you how we made dangles out of beads and put the whole thing together. These birds do all the work!
Here’s a video we made showing how to make the Birdy Boho Earrings. Follow along then use the steps below to make your own.
Video Tutorial: Birdy Boho Earrings
How To Make Birdy Boho Earrings
2 Mother-of-pearl bird beads
2 Pearlized leaf charms
2 Turquoise bicones
2 Pink crystal bicones, 4mm
4 Turquoise crystal bicones, 4mm
2 Gold earring wires
2 Gold headpins
1. Feed a pink bicone crystal onto a headpin. Make a wrapped loop.
To do this, start by grasping the headpin above the bead.
Take the tail of the wire and bend it 90 degrees over the pliers.
Next reposition the pliers to the wire just above the bend. Bend the tail almost all the way around the top jaw of the pliers. Take the top jaw out of the loop and replace it with the bottom jaw. Finish pulling the wire around the bottom jaw to make a complete loop.
Grasp the loop across with the pliers and pull the tail around the neck of the loop two times. This is a wrapped loop.
Trim the wire and press down the end with the chain-nose pliers.
2. Cut a 3 inch piece of wire. Feed on the leaf charm. Pinch the wires up and over the leaf.
Pull one wire straight up and bend the other over 90 degrees.
Wrap the 90 degree wire two times around the straight wire. Trim the end.
Make a wrapped loop just like you did in step one in the other wire.
3. Cut a 3 inch piece of wire. Feed on the briolette. Pinch the wires up and over the briolette. Pull one wire straight up and bend the other over 90 degrees. Wrap the 90 degree wire two times around the straight wire. Trim the end. Make a wrapped loop just like you did in step one in the other wire.
4. Now you can make the birdy center componenet. Start with a four inch piece of wire. Make a wrapped loop one inch from the end.
Slide one a turquoise bicone, the bird bead, and another turquoise bead. You’ll want to check that when the loop is at the top the bird is upright.
5. Start to make a wrapped loop in the wire, but don’t finish the loop by wrapping it two times. Instead, slide the three dangle sinto the loop.
Once they are nestled into the loop, finish wrapped the loop. Trim the end.
6. Slide the loop on the other end onto the earring wire. Use the chain-nose pliers to open the loop on the earring wire, slide in the birdy earring, then close the loop.
7. Repeat to make the second earring.
Aren’t these so cute!? They are fun to wear too. And you can make them with any beads. The sky’s the limit!
Jennifer & Kitty