Here’s a fun little project – a birdy bottle cap necklace! So cute for summer! The nest in the middle is made with ribbon and beads!
5 bottle caps
4 realistic bird stickers
3 blue beads
36″ length yellow ribbon, 1/8″ wide
45″ length black ribbon, 1/8″ wide
ModPodge Gloss, 4oz.
Light blue glitter
White round stickers
1. Cut a 1½” length of black ribbon. Fold in half and adhere to back of bottle cap with white sticker to make a loop hanger. Repeat for each bottle cap.
2. Cut 4 bird stickers out using the quarter as a template. Stick inside 4 bottle caps.
3. Place a piece of double-stick tape in the last bottle cap. Wrap the yellow ribbon around your finger to make a coiled nest and tuck it into the bottle cap. Set 3 beads into the nest.
4. Fill the 4 sticker bottle caps with ModPodge, just enough to cover the caps (tilt caps to let ModPodge cover the stickers). Dust with glitter.
5. Fill the nest bottle cap with enough Modpodge to wet all the ribbon and beads. Let dry overnight. (Pop bubbles as you see them – during first 15 minutes of drying.)
6. String the bottle caps onto the black ribbon tying the ribbon around each loop hanger to hold them in place.
Want to see more kid crafts for summer? Our book Big Blast of Kid Crafts #1: Fun In The Sun! is on sale now at Amazon for only $4.99. And good news! Kindle books work on Kindles, iPhones, iPads, PCs, Macs, Androids, BlackBerries, and Windows 7 Phones!
Leave a Reply