We love the look of antique brass, so we gathered up a whole collection of metal jewelry findings, mixed in a few beads, and turned it all into this Boho Charm Pendant. The whole project is done using two easy-to-master techniques: making wrapped loops and opening and closing jump rings. You won’t believe how quickly it goes together!
We made a video for this DIY jewelry project. Follow along as we make the Boho Charm Pendant, then use the steps below to make your own.
How To Make A Boho Charm Pendant
1 Large ring, antique brass, 32mm
1 Key charm, antique brass, 26mm
1 Leaf charm, antique brass, 17mm
1 Bead cap, antique brass, 10mm
4 Large jump rings, antique brass, 10mm
3 Headpins, antique brass
1 Faceted milk glass rondelle, turquoise, 6mmx10mm
2 Bicone crystals, pink, 4mm
Chain with clasp, antique brass, 26″
1. Start by sliding the bead cap onto a headpin so the bead cap is facing up.
2. Then slide on the turquoise milk glass bead so that the bead is nestled in the bead cap.
3. Finish this beaded dangle by making a wrapped loop. To do this, grasp the headpin wire just above the bead with the round-nose pliers. Then bend the wire 90 degrees.
4. Reposition the pliers to the top part of the 90-degree bend and wrap the wire of around the top jaw of the pliers to make a partial loop.
5. Reposition the pliers so the other jaw is in the partial loop. Then pull the wire around that jaw to finish making the loop.
6. Now grasp across the loop with the same pliers and pull the tail of the headpin wire around the neck two times.
7. Trim the headpin wire with the wire cutters as close to the wraps as possible without cutting through your work.
8. Using the same wrapped loop technique, make dangles with each of the pink bicone beads.
9. To assemble the pendant, start by opening a jump ring. To do this, grasp the jump ring with the two pliers so the opening of the jump ring is between the pliers. Rotate one set of pliers towards you and one away. This will maintain the round shape of the jump ring.
10. Slide the milk glass dangle into the open jump ring, then hook the jump ring through the large ring. Then close the jump ring using two pliers.
11. Open another jump ring the same way, feed on the key charm then hook the open jump ring through the large ring. Close the jump ring.
12. Open a third jump ring, feed on the two bicone dangles and the leaf charm. Hook the open jump ring through the large ring. Then close the jump ring.
13. To add the pendant to the chain, attach the last jump ring to the large ring. Open the clasp on the chain, slide the chain through the jump ring, and close the clasp.
If you have any questions at all while you’re making your Boho Charm Pendant, leave us a comment and we’ll reply. We’d love to hear from you!
Jennifer & Kitty