Make these Boho Feather Earrings using real feathers! We’ll show you how to add a gold bail to the feather to make these pretty shoulder duster earrings.
We got these Guinea Fowl feathers at the craft store in a big bag. We found two that closely matched so we thought we should make a pair of earrings! Here’s a video showing how to make these Boho Feather Earrings. Follow along as we make the earrings, then use the steps below to make your own.
How To Make Boho Feather Earrings
2 Matching Guinea feathers
2 Gold rings, 20mm
2 Gold earring wires
2 Fold-over leaf bails, gold, 1″
2 Pearls, 6mm
24-Gauge gold wire
1. Find two feathers that closely match. Trim the feathers with scissors if desired.
2. Add a bail to the feather. To do this, fold the leaf bail over the round-nose pliers.
Add dab of E6000 glue to the inside of the bail using a toothpick.
Slide the end of the feather into the leaf bail.
Then press leaf bail closed using the chain-nose pliers. Let the glue dry.
3. To connect the feather to the ring, start by cutting a 3″ piece of gold wire. Make a loop 1/3 of the way down the wire using the round-nose pliers.
Slide the ring into the loop.
Grasp the loop across with the round-nose pliers, then pull the tail of the wire around two times to wrap the loop. Trim the end using the wire cutters.
4. Next, slide a pearl onto the wire.
5. Make loop in other end of wire.
Slide the feather into the loop.
Hold the loop across with the pliers, then pull the tail of the wire around two times. Trim the end using the wire cutters.
6. Slide the ring into the earring wire and press it closed.
7. Repeat to make second earring.
We love love love these earrings! What do you think? Would you wear Boho Feather Earrings? Leave us a comment.
Jennifer & Kitty