We love making tassels, and this Boho tassel necklace is super easy to make! Just add Pandora-style beads to leather cording with knots, then tie the beaded cords together to make a big tassel. So cool!
We have a video here that shows every step to make this Boho Tassel Necklace. Plus we have step by step instructions below. Let us know if you make the necklace!
How To Make A Boho Tassel Necklace
180” leather cording (5 yards)
12 various Pandora-style large hole beads
1. Cut the leather cording into three equal lengths of 60”. (You can make the necklace longer or shorter by adjusting these lengths.)
2. Line cords up the cord ends. Take one cord and tie a knot about 6” from end. To do this, make a loop where you want the knot, then feed the end through the loop and tighten the knot while holding the loop in place.
3. Slide on a bead. If you have trouble getting the cord through the bead, fold a piece of Scotch tape over the end of the cord, trim the end at an angle, and trim off the excess tape.
After you slide on a bead, tie another knot on the other side of the bead. The knots will hold the bead in place.
4. Move down the cord about an inch or two and tie a knot. Slide on a bead.
Tie another knot. If the bead doesn’t end up where you want it, just loosen the knots and slide them up or down the cord.
5. Repeat to add two beads with knots to all six ends of cording. Remove Scotch tape from ends, if you used it, and trim ends.
6. Take all six cords together.
Tie in one big over hand knot to create the tassel.
You can make this Boho Tassel Necklace in so many variations. The leather cording comes in white, black, navy, and even red! And the Pandora-style beads come in all kinds of finishes. Go shopping and see what you like!
Jennifer & Kitty