Show off your beading skills by creating a cuff with crisscrossing strands of coral and turquoise beads.
1 Gold-plated round toggle clasp, 16.5x14mm
42 Red coral chip beads, 4mm to 8mm
25 Turquoise glass seed beads, 6/0
4 Gold-plated crimp beads, 1.3mm,
4 Gold-plated clamshell bead tips, 6.5×3.5mm
Gold color bead stringing wire, 7-strand
Bead stringing glue
1. Cut four 10″ lengths of bead stringing wire. Tape two of the strands together at one end. Repeat to tape the two other strands together at one end. Tape the strands down to your work surface.
2. Slide a coral bead onto each of the center strands. Slide the top two strands into a turquoise bead and the bottom two strands in another turquoise bead.
3. Slide a coral bead onto what is now the top strand, the third strand, and the bottom strand. Slide the second and third strands into a turquoise bead. Slide a coral bead onto the new second strand.
4. Slide the top two strands into a turquoise bead and the bottom two strands in another turquoise bead. Slide a coral bead onto each strand. Slide a turquoise bead onto the two center strands.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 until all the beads have been placed on the wire strands.
6. Feed two strands into a clamshell bead tip and slide on a crimp bead. Flatten the crimp bead about 1/8″ from the last beads using the chain-nose pliers. Trim the excess wire. Slide the clamshell bead tip over the flattened crimp bead. Add a dab of bead stringing glue in the clamshell. Close the clamshell over the crimp bead using the chain-nose pliers. Finish the ends of the other two strands on the same side of the bracelet using this technique.
7. Feed the loops on the two clamshell bead tips onto the loop in one side of the toggle clasp. Close the loops on the clamshell bead tips using the chain-nose pliers.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 to finish the ends of the other side of the bracelet and attach the other side of the toggle clasp.