Make a gorgeous Crystal Bar Lariat Necklace. This delicate necklace needs no clasp. So it’s easy to make and wear! We’ll show you how!
Here’s a step by step video we made. We’ll show you how to attach the gold ring to the chain using crystal beads and wrapped loops. And we’ll show you how to make the crystal bar pendant to slip through the ring.
How To Make A Crystal Bar Lariat Necklace
18″ Gold chain, 2mm wide links
1 Gold ring, 10mm
1 Headpin, gold, 50mm
12 Crystal cube beads, Blue AB, 2mm
Beading wire, gold, 26 gauge
1. To get started, cut a 4″ piece of wire. Make a wrapped loop in one end of the wire. To do this, grasp the wire about an inch from the end using the round-nose pliers. Bend the wire 90 degrees. Reposition the pliers into the top part of the 90 degree bend. Pull the tail of the wire up and over the pliers in the opposite direction, forming a partial loop around the round-nose pliers. Reposition the bottom jaw of the pliers into the partial loop. Pull the tail of the wire the rest of the way around to form a complete loop.
2. Slide the end of the chain into the loop. Then grasp the loop across with the pliers and pull the tail around the neck of the wire two times to make two wrapped loops. Trim the end of the wire with the wire cutters.
3. Slide 3 of the crystal cube beads onto the wire.
4. Make a wrapped loop the same way you did on the other end of the wire, sliding the gold ring into the loop before wrapping it.
5. Wrap the neck of the wire two times, then trim the end with wire cutters.
6. To make the crystal bar pendant on the other end of the necklace, slide the rest of the crystal cube beads onto the headpin.
7. Make a wrapped loop in the headpin as you did before just above the last bead. Before wrapping the loop closed, slide the end of the necklace chain into the loop. Wrap the loop two times, then trim the wire.
Here’s how the crystal bar pendant will look.
This pretty, dainty necklace is so wearable! We think it would look pretty with small pearls or faceted gemstone beads too. Just make sure the beads fit through the ring. To wear the necklace, wrap the chain around your neck, then slide the crystal bar pendant through the gold ring.
Jennifer & Kitty