This Crystal Bar Necklace is a fun and easy jewelry making project. We’ll show you how to make a wrapped loop in wire and string on crystals, then attach chain and a clasp. We think this pretty necklace makes a lovely handmade gift!
Here’s a video we made showing how easy it is to make a Crystal Bar Necklace. Follow along on the video, then use the tutorial below to make your own!
Video How-to: Crystal Bar Necklace
How To Make A Crystal Bar Necklace
16 Faceted crystal rondelles, 2mmx3mm
24-gauge Wire, silver
2 Lengths of chain, 10″ each, silver
Two-part barrel clasp, silver
2 jump rings, silver
1. Cut a 3″ piece of wire. Then make a wrapped loop in one end. To do this, grasp the wire about 1″ from the end with the round=nose pliers. Make a 90 bend in the wire. Reposition the pliers to the top of the bend. Push the end over the top jaw of the pliers to make a partial loop. Reposition the bottom jaw in the partial loop and pull the tail the rest of the way around.
2. Slide the end of one of the pieces of chain into the open loop. Then grasp across that loop with the pliers and pull the tail around the neck two times to form a wrapped loop. Trim the end of the wire with the wire cutters.
3. Next feed the beads onto the wire. This will be the crystal bar.
4. When all the beads are on the wire, slide them to the finished end. Then make a wrapped loop in the other end of the wire just on the other side of the beads leaving no slack. This is the same as step 1.
5. Slide the open loop on the end of the other piece of chain. Finish the wrapped loop.
6. Try on the necklace before you add the clasp. Snip off any excess chain in order to make the necklace the perfect length for you or your gift recipient. Then use the chain-nose pliers and the round-nose pliers to open a jump ring.
7. Slide one half of the two-part clasp and one end of the chain onto the jump ring. Close the jump ring.
8. Repeat to attach the other half of the clasp to the other end of the chain to complete your Crystal Bar Necklace.
To make a trio of Crystal Bar Necklaces, make one in blue crystals, one in red crystals, and one in orange crystals. Make each necklace 1/2″ shorter than the other by snipping off a quarter inch of chain from each side before you add the clasp.
And remember we’re here if you have any questions about this jewelry making project. Just leave us a comment and we’ll reply!
Jennifer & Kitty
Love it? Pin it! Thanks!