This Crystal Bar Necklace is a fun and easy jewelry making project. We’ll show you how to make a wrapped loop in wire and string on crystals, then attach chain and a clasp. We think this pretty necklace would make a lovely handmade gift.
Here’s a video we made showing how easy it is to make a Crystal Bar Necklace. Follow along on the video, then use the tutorial below to make your own!
How To Make A Crystal Bar Necklace
16 faceted crystal rondelles, 2mmx3mm
24 gauge silver* wire
2 lengths of silver chain, 10″ each
Two-part clasp, silver
2 jump rings, silver-plate
*Of course, you can use silver or silver-plate for this project. Or gold if you like. Your choice!
1. Cut a 3″ piece of wire. Start a wrapped loop in one end and slide on a piece of chain. Finish the wrapped loop.
2. Slide the crystals onto the wire. Push the beads to the end where you made the wrapped loop.
3. Start a wrapped loop in the other end of the wire. Slide on the other piece of chain. Finish the wrapped loop.
4. Try on the necklace before you add the clasp. Snip off any excess chain in order to make the necklace the perfect length for you.
5. Use the chain-nose pliers and the round-nose pliers to open a jump ring. Slide one half of the two-part clasp and one end of the chain onto the jump ring. Close the jump ring. Repeat to attach the other half of the clasp to the other end of the chain to complete your Crystal Bar Necklace.
To make a trio of Crystal Bar Necklaces, make one in blue crystals, one in red crystals, and one in orange crystals. Make each necklace 1/2″ shorter than the other by snipping off a quarter inch of chain from each side before you add the clasp.
And remember we’re here if you have any questions about this jewelry making project. Just leave us a comment and we’ll reply!
Jennifer & Kitty
Love it? Pin it! Thanks!