Make these stunning Crystal Bead Cap Earrings in just a few easy steps. We’ll show you how we designed the earrings with different sized bead caps.
Follow along with us in the video to see every step, including how to make a wrapped loop. We also have step by step instructions below, And if you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment! We love hearing from you and we want to help!
Jennifer & Kitty
How To Make Crystal Bead Cap Earrings
2 Crystal rondelles, 7mmx10mm, Crystal AB
2 Round crystal beads, 5mm, Crystal AB
2 Silver bead caps, 10mm
2 Silver bead caps 7mm
2 Silver daisy bead caps, 3mm
2 Silver headpins
2 Silver earring wires
1. Start by feeding the large crystal rondelle onto the headpin.
2. Then feed the large silver bead cap onto the head pin so it sits on the crystal like a cap.
3. For the next bead cap, turn it the opposite way. Slide it onto the head pin. The bead caps should be back to back.
4. Next slide the smaller crystal onto the head pin.
5. Follow this by the small silver flower cap.
6. Press the bead caps and crystals down to the bottom of the headpin.
7. With all the beads and bead caps on the headpin you are ready to make a wrapped loop in the head pin. Start by grasping the headpin above the beads.
8. Take the tail of the wire and bend it 90 degrees over the pliers.
9. Next reposition the pliers to the wire just above the bend. Bend the tail almost all the way around the top jaw of the pliers.
10. Take the top jaw out of the loop and replace it with the bottom jaw.
11. Finish pulling the wire around the bottom jaw to make a complete loop.
12. Grasp the loop across with the pliers and pull the tail around the neck of the loop two times. This is a wrapped loop.
13. Trim the ends with wire cutters.
14. Slide the loop onto the earring wire.
15. Close the loop on the earring wire to secure the dangle.
We think these earrings are as pretty as they are easy! You can make them with any color crystals you like. Let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help you!
Jennifer & Kitty