We love the refined look of this Crystal Cluster Illusion Necklace. We think it will add a touch of elegance to anything you wear!
For this Crystal Cluster Illusion Necklace, we floated aqua bicone crystals on golden bead-stringing wire through the magic of crimp beads. Follow along with us in the video below to see how we did it. This necklace goes together so quickly, you can make just one, or make three in different lengths for a pretty, layered trio!
Video How-to: Crystal Cluster Illusion Necklace
Disclosure: This post has some affiliate links for products we think you’ll like. Even if you don’t want to buy the items online, we think it’s helpful to see what they look like, so you can buy them at your local craft store. If you make a purchase from one of these links, we’ll make a small commission. There is no additional cost to you at all, but it helps us a little so we can pay for our web hosting and the tools and materials we use in these videos and blog posts. All opinions are our own from our own personal experience.
How To Make A Crystal Cluster Illusion Necklace
1. Cut a 20” piece of bead-stringing wire and feed on a crimp bead.
2. Slide the crimp bead to the center of the bead-stringing wire.
3. Flatten the crimp bead in place onto the wire using the chain-nose pliers.
4. Feed the bicone beads onto the bead stringing wire followed by another crimp bead.
5. Slide the cluster of beads and the crimp bead down to the flattened crimp and remove any slack. Press the crimp bead flat onto the wire with the chain-nose pliers.
6. To finish the ends, feed one end of the bead stringing wire up through the bottom of a clamshell bead tip.
7. Slide a crimp bead onto the wire. We want the finished length of our necklace to be 17”. So we will position the crimp bead 8” from the crystal beads. Flatten the crimp bead onto the wire with the chain-nose pliers.
8. Trim the end of the wire with the wire cutters, then slide the clamshell up and over the flattened crimp. Press the clamshell closed over the flattened crimp using the chain-nose pliers.
9. Repeat steps 6 through 9 to add a clamshell bead tip and crimp to the other end of the wire.
10. Open a jump ring using two pairs of pliers. Slide the open jump ring through the loops on the clamshell bead tip, then feed on the lobster clasp. Close the jump ring. Open a second jump ring and attach it to the other clamshell bead tip. This will serve as the other side of the clasp.
Isn’t that lovely!?
We made a trio of Crystal Cluster Illusion Necklaces to wear together as a multi-strand necklace. We just added 1/4″ to each side for the medium length one and 1/2″ to each side for the longest one. Let us know if you make one, and we’d love to hear what kind of beads you used!
Jennifer & Kitty