This Boho chic Dangling Heart Pendant features a Venetian glass heart and a brass leaf charm on a piece of hemp cord. Super wearable and no tools needed!
We made this video to show exactly how to assemble the Dangling Heart Pendant. The fun thing is you can make a pendant like this with whatever beads you have. Raid your bead stash and find a nice focal bead and a charm, then fill in the rest.
Video: How To Make a Dangling Heart Pendant
How To Make a Dangling Heart Pendant
Venetian glass heart bead, 20mm x 20mm (drilled top to bottom)
Leaf charm, natural brass, 12mm x 29mm
Toggle clasp, circle/ring half only, copper, 11mm
2 Round ceramic beads, “Earth” finish, 8mm
2 Faceted crystal beads, turquoise with AB finish, 5mm x 6mm
2 Bead caps, copper, pinwheel design, 10mm
Hemp cord, 1mm thick
1. Cut a 5” piece of hemp cord. Tie the hemp cord onto the toggle clasp by feeding the cord through the loop and tying a simple overhand knot.
2. Feed the ceramic “Earth” bead onto the hemp cord and slide it up to the knot.
3. Then slide on one of the copper pinwheel bead caps. If the pattern on your bead cap is only on one side, make sure that side is face up so the “Earth” bead is sitting on the patterned side.
4. Slide the turquoise crystal bead onto the hemp cord.
If the end of your cord is starting to fray, trim the end into a point, then feed on the bead.
5. To add the Venetian glass heart bead, feed the cord down through the bead from top to bottom. That way the heart bead will sit upright.
6. Next repeat the beading pattern beneath the heart bead. To do this, slide on the other turquoise bead followed by the copper bead cap and and the ceramic “Earth” bead.
7. Slide the beads up toward the top knot and feed the cord through the loop on the leaf charm. Tie the charm onto to cord with a simple overhand knot.
8. Trim the end of the hemp cord leaving about ½” tail. And if the ends fray, don’t worry. That’s part of the look!
This Dangling Heart Pendant is Kitty’s new favorite! She’s wears it with everything–especially jeans!
Let us know if you like it or think you’ll make it. Leave us a comment!
Jennifer & Kitty