Make these Delicate Beaded Bangles using memory wire, crimp beads, and pretty crystal beads. We’ll show you how with a video tutorial! Make one or five! They look so good stacked!
We love memory wire. It is so fast and easy to make bracelets with it and you don’t need to put on a clasp! We usually bead all of the wire but with these bangles, we just put a few beads in the center and held them in place with crimp beads. We’ll show you how in this video tutorial. Follow along then use the steps below to make your own Delicate Beaded Bangles!
Easy To Make Delicate Beaded Bangles
Memory wire, 65mm diameter, gold
Faceted crystal beads, 5mm and 2mmx3mm
Seed beads, 2mm, gold
Crimp beads, size #1, 1.3mm, gold
1. Start by cutting a single coil of memory wire with a one and a half inch overlap. Memory wire is a very hard, permanently coiled wire. It is fun to use for bracelets because you can distort it to put it on and it bounces back to it’s original shape. It has “memory”! The wire is very hard so we recommend not using your good jewelry wire cutters. We keep an old pair of wire cutters around just to use for memory wire.
2. Feed a crimp bead onto the wire. Crimp beads are tiny metal tubes that are meant to be crimped or smushed onto wire. It bites into the wire and acts as a bead stopper. We are going to use a crimp bead on each side of our beads to hold them in the center of the bangle. Don’t crimp the bead yet!
3. Feed five gold seed beads onto the memory wire.
4. Feed a faceted crystal bead onto the memory wire.
5. Next feed on five more gold seed beads.
6. Follow these beads with a crimp bead. But don’t crimp it yet.
7. To make the bangle closure, grasp the end of the memory wire with your round-nose pliers. Rotate the pliers to bend a loop in the end of the wire. This takes a little elbow grease because the memory wire is so hard. But you can do it!
8. Flip the bracelet over and make a loop in the same way in the other end of the memory wire coil.
9. Grasp the loop with the chain-nose pliers and bend it 90 degrees.
10. Repeat to bend the other loop 90 degrees. Now the loops will be facing each other.
11. Open one of the loops enough to slide the bangle wire through the loop.
12. Wiggle the wire into the loop then press loop closed. Repeat with the other loop. Now the bangle wire will be going through the loops on each side.
13. Center the beads on the bangle opposite the closure. Press one of the cirmp beads flat onto the wire using the chain-nose pliers.
14. Push the beads together and flatten the second crimp bead onto the wire.
To wear the bangle, open the coil and slide wrist into bracelet. Because it is made with memory wire, it will bounce back into its round, bangle shape on your wrist!
Jennifer & Kitty
If you like memory wire, we have a few more fabulous memory wire bracelets to share: