Make a playful Friendship Ring using wire and charms. We are calling it a Delicate Charm Ring. We started with a piece of wire and just bent it around a marker to make the ring shape. Then we used round-nose pliers to make the loops in the ends that hold the charms. This is a fun and fast project. Watch the video we made to see how easy it is then make your own! And one for a friend!
Here’s a video we made showing how to make your own Delicate Charm Ring. Follow along and we’ll show you every step!
Video How-to: Delicate Charm Ring
How To Make A Delicate Charm Ring
Wire, 16 gauge, silver
Crystal gemstone charm, silver
Heart charm, blue and silver
2 jump rings, silver
Mandrel or fat Sharpie to use as a mandrel
1. Cut a 3.5″ length of 16-gauge wire. Bend it around a mandrel or a fat pen that is the same size as your finger. You can test the size by sliding a different ring that fits you on the mandrel or pen. To bend the wire, start at the center and press both ends around the mandrel.
2. Use the round-nose pliers to create a loop in one end of the wire.
3. Coil a loop in the other end of the wire. These loops will be for the charms.
You can press the wire ends of the ring closer together or pull them farther apart. It’s your choice.
4. Slide one of the jump rings into the loop on one end of the ring.
5. Slide the gemstone charm onto the jump ring.
6. Close the jump ring with the chain-nose pliers.
7. Feed the heart charm onto the second jump ring.
8. Slide the jump ring onto the loop on the other end of the ring.
9. Close the jump ring with the chain-nose pliers.
Isn’t that the cutest Friendship Ring? We think it could be fun to add a letter charm for a friend’s name. Or a little bird charm. And you could make the gemstone charm match your friend’s birthstone!
Jennifer & Kitty