Learn how to turn a pair of plain silver hoops into dazzling but Delicate Crystal Wrapped Earrings! All you need is the right gauge wire and beautiful bicone crystal beads. The rest is easy! We’ll show you every step below, or watch the video we made to see the earrings being made in action!
Here’s the video we made detailing how to wrap the hoops. In it, we show you what beads, hoops, and wire work best. Then we demo how to wrap the hoops with wire, adding beads as you go, and we share some special tips and tricks along the way. This is one of our favorite projects to do with friends!
Video How-To: Delicate Crystal Wrapped Earrings
These earrings are so popular, we’ve made them into kits! Just click here to shop for the kits in our store. We have them in Black Luster, like the one in the video, and we also carry them in Teal Luster and Light Gray. We love to wear different ones together all stacked up! Order your bracelet kit, then follow along with us in the video while you make your own. We’ll be right there with you! And if you have any questions at all, leave us a comment below and we’ll reply. We’re here to help you every step of the way!
How To Make Delicate Crystal Wrapped Earrings
40 Crystal bicone beads, Black Luster, 3mm
2 Hoop earrings, Silver, 30mm
2 Lengths 26-gauge silver wire, 13″ each
1. Start by holding one end of the 13″ wire against the hoop leaving a 1″ tail. We like to start at the clasp end of the earring hoop.
2. Wrap the wire around the hoop three times. Press the wraps together and slide them to the beginning of the hoop.
3. Slide a crystal bicone bead onto the wire and down to the earring hoop.
4. Hold the bead in place against the hoop and wrap the wire around the hoop two times.
5. Repeat to add beads, wrapping the wire two times between each bead. Push the wraps and beads together as you work.
6. Continue until you have 20 crystal beads wrapped onto the hoop.
7. After the last bead, wrap the wire around the hoop three times.
8. Use wire cutters to trim both ends of the wire close to the hoop.
9. Repeat to bead the second hoop earring.
Aren’t these Delicate Crystal Wrapped Earrings pretty?! We love them so much, we made a pair in Teal Luster and Light Gray, too. Let us know what color bicone crystals you choose to make your Crystal Wrapped Earrings. No matter what you choose, we know they’ll be stunning!
Jennifer & Kitty