We love the tassel trend. So we made this pair of Tiny Tassel Earrings. Making the tassel is so fun and easy. We’ll show you how!
Here’s a video showing how we made the tiny tassels and how we attached them to the earrings. Follow along to see how easy this jewelry project is! A great one for beginners!
Disclosure: This post has some affiliate links for products we think you’ll like. Even if you don’t want to buy the items online, we think it’s helpful to see what they look like, so you can buy them at your local craft store. If you make a purchase from one of these links, we’ll make a small commission. There is no additional cost to you at all, but it helps us a little so we can pay for our web hosting and the tools and materials we use in these videos and blog posts. All opinions are our own from our own personal experience.
How To Make Jewelry: How To Make Tiny Tassel Earrings
2 Crystal charms
2 Jump rings
2 Earring wires
1. Cut a 36″ piece of embroidery floss. Pull the floss apart into pairs of threads.
2. Wrap one pair of threads around the piece of cardstock. Wrap the threads around and around. Add the next pair of threads until all the threads are wrapped around the cardstock.
3. Cut a piece of wire about 3 inches long using the wire cutters. Bend it into a hairpin shape.
Slide the hairpin under the wrapped embroidery floss (between the floss and the cardstock).
Pull the hairpin up to the top edge. Pinch the wire together.
4. Keep one end of the wire straight. Wrap the second wire around the first wire two times. Trim the end with the wire cutters.
5. Remove the card.
6. Cut a four inch piece of embroidery floss and pull the threads apart. Use one pair of threads to wrap around the top of the tassel. Tie the ends.
7. Comb the threads down with your fingers. Cut the bottom loop of the tassel.
Then trim the bottom edge so the tassel is about one half inch long.
8. To attach the tassel to the earring wire, grasp the wire at the top of the tassel with the round-nose pliers. Bend the wire 90 degrees. Reposition the pliers so they are at the top of the bend. Wrap the wire over the top jaw of the pliers. Slide the bottom jaw into the partial loop and finish pulling the wire around. Slide the jump ring into the loop. Then wrap the tail of the wire around twice. (This is easy to follow in the video!) Trim the end of the wire.
9. To assemble the earring, open the loop of the earring with the pliers. Slide the tassel onto the earring wire followed by the charm. Then use the pliers to close the loop of the earring wire.
Repeat to make the second earring.
We think these Tiny Tassel Earrings are so cute! We also have a tutorial to make a longer tassel using the whole skein of embroidery floss. It’s called Easy Tassel Neckalce. You can see it here.
Jennifer & Kitty
Share the love and pin this project on Pinterest!