Jennifer made Kitty these Rose Gold Leaf Charm Earrings, and we just had to share how cute and easy they are! We love the look of rose gold. It’s a pretty pinkish copper color. We looked it up and it turns out it is a blend of gold, silver, and copper. Cool!
These Rose Gold Leaf Charm Earrings could be made with any charms. The steps are the same, just make the bead dangles with wirework. Then add the charms with jump rings. Easy peasy!
How To Make These Rose Gold Leaf Charm Earrings
2 Earring hooks, rose gold
4 Jump rings, rose gold
2 Leaf charms, rose gold
2 Faceted crystal rondelles, Apatite, 2mmx3mm
2 Headpins, rose gold
1. The first step in making these pretty earrings is to make the Apatite bead dangles. Slide one Apatite bead onto a headpin. Using the round-nose pliers, make a wrapped loop in the headpin just above the bead.
Here’s a video showing how to make wrapped loop:
To make a wrapped loop, grasp the headpin wire above the bead with the round-nose pliers and pull the tail of the headpin over 90 degrees. Reposition the pliers to the top of the bend and pull the tail around the pliers in the opposite direction to form a partial loop. Next, reposition the pliers so the bottom jaw is in the partial loop. Pull the tail of the headpin the rest of the way around to complete the loop. Grasp the loop across with the pliers and pull the tail around the neck two times making the wraps. Trim the end with the wire cutters.
2. Next open one of the jump rings using two pairs of pliers.
Here’s a video showing how to open and close a jump ring:
Jump rings have a nice round shape. When you open one, you want to maintain the round shape of the jump ring. To do this, use two pairs of pliers. Grasp one side of the jump ring flat with one pair of pliers. Grasp the other side of the jump ring with the other pair of pliers. Then push one pair of pliers away from you while you pull the other side towards you. This opens the jump ring like opening a door and maintains the round shape.
3. Slide the leaf charm and the Apatite bead dangle onto the open jump ring. Then close the jump ring.
4. Open a second jump ring and slide the leaf charm/Apatite jump ring onto it. Then slide the earring wire onto the open jump ring. Close the jump ring.
5. Repeat to make a matching earring.
We love the simplicity of this earring design. You can make them with any charms and any color beads or crystals. So pretty! What would you like to learn to make? Leave us a comment. We love hearing from you!
Jennifer & Kitty