Make a pair of sweet Turquoise Flower Drop Earrings. We’ll show you how to get started in wirework with these dangling Boho earrings. Perfect for beginners!
Here’s a step by step video we made showing how to make wrapped loops to create these pretty earrings. This is a great jewelry making technique to learn. It is so useful! And these earrings will give you good practice at making them. And when you’re done, you’ll have a fun pair of Boho earrings!
How To Make Turquoise Flower Drop Earrings
2 Turquoise carved rose beads, 10mm
2 Crystal pave beads, 6mm
2 Raspberry crystal bicones, 4mm
2 Teardrop crystals, drilled top to bottom, 8mmx12mm
2 Gold daisy spacers, 4mm
2 Gold rings, 12mm
2 Gold headpins
2 Gold earring wires
24-gauge wire, gold
1. To get started making the earrings, make a bead dangle with the daisy spacer and the teardrop crystal. To do this, slide the gold daisy spacer into one of the headpins followed by the teardrop crystal. You should be using a teardrop crystal that is drilled from top to bottom.
2. Next make a wrapped loop in the headpin wire. Start by grasping the wire just above the teardrop crystal using the round-nose pliers. Bend the wire 90 degrees over the pliers.
3. Move the round-nose pliers to the top of the 90-degree bend and pull the tail of the headpin wire over the top jaw of the pliers to create a partial loop.
4. Reposition the pliers so the bottom jaw is in the partial loop and finish pulling the tail around to make a complete loop.
5. Hold the loop across with the round-nose pliers and pull the tail around the neck two times. Trim the tail with the wire cutters.
6. Next make the flower bead component. This component has two loops, one at the top of the flower bead and one at the bottom. To make it, start with a 4″ piece of 24-gauge wire. Grasp it about 1/3 of the way down with the round-nose pliers and make a 90-degree bend.
7. Reposition the pliers to the top of the bend. Pull the tail around the top jaw of the pliers to make a partial loop. (This is just the same way we made the wrapped loop in the headpin.)
8. Reposition the bottom jaw in the loop and pull the wire around to complete the loop.
9. Before you wrap the loop, slide the teardrop component into the loop. Then grasp the loop across with the pliers and pull the tail around two times. Trim the end of the wire.
10. Slide the turquoise flower bead onto the wire and make another wrapped loop above the bead. Grasp the wire with the round-nose pliers and make a 90-degree bend in the wire.
11. Reposition the pliers to the top of the bend. Pull the wire around the top jaw. Reposition the bottom jaw into the partial loop. Finish pulling the wire around to make a complete loop. Before you wrap the loop, slide the gold ring into the loop. Then grasp the loop across with the pliers and pull the tail around the neck two times to make two wraps.
12. Next make a bead dangle the same way you made the teardrop crystal dangle. Slide the raspberry bicone onto a headpin and make a wrapped loop. This is done just the same as steps 2, 3, 4 and 5.
13. Next make a compenent with the pave bead. This will be made just the same way we made the component with the turquoise flower bead. Start with a 4″ piece of wire and make a loop in one end.
14. Before you wrap the loop, slide the ring and the raspberry bicone component into the loop.
15. Then grasp the loop across with the pliers and pull the tail around two times. Trim the end with wire cutters.
16. Slide the pave bead onto the wire, then make a wrapped loop in the top of the wire. This is done just the same as we did in the top of the raspberry bicone component and the teardrop crystal component in steps 2, 3, 4 and 5. Slide the finish loop into the earring wire opening and press it closed. Repeat to make a second earring.
We love how these long earrings turned out. The pop of magenta from the raspberry bicone looks so modern. And the pave bead adds so much bling. Remember while you are working on these earrings or any project, we’re here to help. If you have any questions, leave us a comment below.
Jennifer & Kitty
Beautiful and I really love how you make the tutorial, so easy to follow and so well explained! I’m glad I found you and receive regular lessons! Marianne in UK
Jennifer & Kitty says
Yay! So glad you found us!