We love the look of a Gemstone Stretch Bracelet. We sometimes sport a single one or stack a few up!
This White Howlite Stretch Bracelet featuring a Tree of Life charm and crystal spacers has a classic style that goes with everything. Easy to make and easy to wear. What’s not to like?!
We have a complete video tutorial to show you how to make your own Gemstone Stretch Bracelet. We’ve made them a few different ways and figured some things out, so this one has some nice innovations. We’ll show you how to thread the beads onto the clear elastic two times for added strength and security. In the video, we’ll show you how to tie a special knot, how to secure the knot with jeweler’s glue, and hide the knot as a finishing touch. We also have written instructions for this beaded stretch bracelet complete with step photos below. Either way, we’ll be crafting with you!
Video How-to: Gemstone Stretch Bracelet
These bracelets are so popular, we’ve made them into kits! Just click here to shop for the kits in our store. We have them in White Howlite, like the one in the video, and we also carry them in Chestnut Agate, Jasper, Tiger’s Eye, and Turquoise. We love to wear different ones together all stacked up! Order your bracelet kit, then follow along with us in the video while you make your own. We’ll be right there with you! And if you have any questions at all, leave us a comment below and we’ll reply. We’re here to help you every step of the way!
How To Make A Gemstone Stretch Bracelet
- 18 White Howlite gemstone beads, 10mm, 1mm hole
- 4 Crystal spacers, 6mm
- 1 Tree of Life charm, 15mm (with jump ring)
- 20″ Elastic beading cord, .5mm width
- Masking tape
- Tape measure
- Clear nail polish or jeweler’s glue
1. Start by folding a small piece of masking tape over the end of the elastic beading cord. This will keep the beads from sliding off. Then slide six gemstone beads onto the other end of the elastic. 2. Next slide a crystal spacer, a bead, a crystal spacer, and a bead onto the elastic. 3. Slide the Tree of Life charm onto the elastic. Then slide a bead, a crystal spacer, a bead, and a crystal spacer onto the elastic, mirroring the pattern on the other side of charm. 4. Slide the remaining beads onto the elastic. Try on the bracelet and add or remove beads to adjust the size. 5. Circle the beaded strand around to form a bracelet shape. Then feed the elastic through the beads a second time. Be sure to keep a 2″ tail unbeaded at the masking tape end to use for the knot later. 6. After you have gone through all the beads with the elastic a second time, remove the masking tape. Gently pull the elastic ends to tighten the bracelet and remove any gaps between the beads. Tie the two ends of the elastic together. 7. Make the knot more secure by tying the ends together again. But this time wrap one end around and through a second time. Gently pull the ends tight.
8. Finally, tie the ends together one more time, as in step 6. Gently pull the ends tight to finish the knot. 9. Trim the ends to ¼”. Then add a dab of clear nail polish or jeweler’s glue to the knot. Slide the adjacent bead over the knot to hide it. Let the glue dry before wearing the bracelet. To wear the Polished Gemstone Stretch Bracelet, roll it, rather than stretching it, onto your wrist.
If you have any questions about this or any jewelry project, post a comment and we’ll reply. We love helping you!
Jennifer & Kitty