Make a modern mosaic tray featuring gorgeous glass tiles and vintage-inspired typewriter keys set in crystal clear resin.
Unfinished wooden tray, 13” x 9”
White primer spray paint
Copper metallic spray paint
Mosaic Mercantile vitreous glass tiles, Meadow Gold, 3/4”, (24 tiles)
Mosaic Mercantile vitreous glass tiles, Hot Molten, 3/4”, (48 tiles)
Typewriter key scrapbook embellishments, approximately 36
Amazing Goop all-purpose contact adhesive
Envirotex-Lite Pour-on Finish, 8 oz kit
2 straight-sided paper cups, 10 ounce
Large dust-free box, big enough to fit over the tray
1. Prime and spray-paint the tray copper on all sides. Let dry.
2. Arrange the Meadow Gold and Hot Molten tiles in the tray in a random fashion, placing a typewriter key here and there. For an artsy look, turn the letters so they face in different directions.
3. Put on your gloves! Following the directions on the Envirotex-Lite box, pour the entire contents of the resin and hardener into one of the paper cups. Whip the mixture thoroughly for one minute with a chopstick. Don’t worry about bubbles. Dispense the mixture into the second cup and whip for one minute with a fresh chopstick.
4. Immediately pour the resin over the tiles to create an even layer of resin. Exhale (but don’t inhale) over the tray to release the bubbles.
5. Place the tray on a level surface, cover with a dust-free box, and let cure undisturbed for 48 hours.
Leave a Reply