Make your own gold glittered guest soaps. Decorative soaps add such elegance to a guest room bath. And you can make your own boutique-style soap in no time at all.
Just follow the steps below, and we’ll show you how to turn melt and pour soap base, fine soap glitter, and a pretty mold into a fancy scented soap fit for a queen!
4 Ounces white shea butter soap base
6 Drops stress relief essential oil
Fine soap glitter, gold
Indented flower soap mold
Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
1. Prep the soap mold by sprinkling the gold soap glitter into the flower indentation at the bottom of the mold. Use a craft paintbrush to gently brush the glitter off the square frame of the mold so the glitter is only decorating the flower.
2. Cut four 1-ounce cubes of the block of soap base. Place the cubes in a Pyrex cup and melt the soap on high for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir the soap base with a chopstick, then heat it again on high for 10 seconds, stir, and repeat until the soap base is completely melted.
3. Add 6 drops of stress relief essential oil to the melted soap base and stir with a chopstick.
4. Immediately pour the soap mixture into the flower mold. Spritz the surface of the poured soap with alcohol to release any bubbles that may have formed. Let the soap cool for an hour or until the mold is cool to the touch.
5. Turn the mold over and press the top of the mold gently to release the soap. If the soap doesn’t come out easily, set the mold in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes and try to unmold the soap again.
Leave a Reply