Here’s a lovely and fast earring idea. We’ll show you how to hammer a piece of wire to make these Hammered Silver Beaded Dangle Earrings. They go together in a flash. And they are so lovely!
We made a video to show you how to assemble the beads on the wire and how to hammer the silver to create hammered paddle ends.
Video Tutorial: Hammered Silver Earrings With Beaded Dangles
How To Make Hammered Silver Beaded Dangle Earrings
2 Faceted crystal rondelles, 6x8mm, amber
2 Faceted crystal rondelles, 4x6mm, amber
4 Faceted crystal rondelles, 4x6mm, teal
4 Faceted crystal rondelles, 4x6mm, olive
2 Faceted crystal rondelles, 4x6mm, smoky brown
8 Heishi bead spacers, 1.5x5mm, silver
2 Earrings wires, silver
20-gauge wire, silver
Jeweler’s block (also called a steel block)
Mouse pad (optional)
1. Cut a 2¼” piece of wire. Then make a simple loop in the end of the wire. To do this, grasp the end of the wire with the round-nose pliers and rotate to make a complete loop.
Bend the wire so the loop sits centered on top.
2. Next, slide the beads on the wire in this order: teal bead, silver spacer, olive bead, large amber bead, silver spacer, and smoky brown bead.
3. Slide the beads to the loop end of the wire. Set the other end of the wire on the jeweler’s block. Use the flat end of the hammer to hammer the last half inch of the wire flat. (Set jeweler’s block on a mouse pad, if desired, to reduce noise and slipping.) Strike repeatedly until the paddle shape is larger than the hole in the beads. Use the round end of the jeweler’s hammer to add texture to the hammered end.
4. To make the second dangle, cut a 1¾” piece of wire. Make a simple loop in one end, as in step 2.
5. Slide the beads on the wire in this order: small amber bead, silver spacer, olive bead, silver spacer, and teal bead.
6. Hammer the end of the wire flat into a paddle shape as in step 4.
7. Open the loop in the earring wire. Slide in both dangles so the shorter one sits in front of the longer one.
Close the earring wire loop.
8. Repeat to make the second matching earring.
These earrings are so fun and so fast, we made three more pairs after we shot the video! One pair has a single hammered silver dangle with garnet chips. Let us know if you make your own Hammered Silver Beaded Dangle Earrings.
Jennifer & Kitty
Want to make more jewelry with your jewelry hammer? Here are some fun ideas!
Hammered Copper Ring