Bead Mosaic is really fun and easy! Anyone can do it. Basically we put glue into a little jewelry frame called a bezel, then arranged beads inside to make a mosaic. You can make yours just like ours or just use this technique to create your own design. Have fun with it!
Here’s a video showing how to make the Bead Mosaic Heart Pendant. Follow along then use the steps below to make your own!
Video Tutorial: How To Make A Bead Mosaic Heart Pendant
How To Make A Bead Mosaic Heart Pendant
Heart bezel pendant
Bugle beads (Ours are mixed blues and greens.)
Bicone crystals, 3mm (We used 5 turquoise and 1 green.)
Seed beads, silver
1. Start by placing a dab of glue in the center of the bezel. We chose a heart-shaped bezel, but they also come in circles, squares, and ovals. Ours is from the jewelry supply section of the craft store.
Spread the glue out a little with the toothpick. We like to work in small sections so we aren’t rushed as the glue dries. So to start we just used enough glue for the center.
2. Arrange the bicones to make a flower in the center of the bezel. We used tweezers to handle the bicones. They make it much easier to lace the crystals. We put a green bicone in the center and five turquoise bicones around it to make a flower.
3. Add a little glue to one area of the edge of the bezel. This is where we will create a little frame using the bugle beads.
Arrange bugle beads in two lines to create a frame. Since the heart bezel is rounded and the beads are straight, we selected smaller bugle beads to go into the curve.
4. Add more glue and more bugle beads to continue the beaded frame. We didn’t worry about which color beads went where. They’re all pretty!
5. When you have all the bugle beads arranged making the frame, fill in the open areas with silver seed beads. To do this, apply glue to the toothpick.
Spread the glue into any uncovered areas in the bezel.
6. Drop seedbeads onto the bezel. They will stick to the glue areas.
7. Move the seedbeads into place using your fingers or tweezers.
8. Let the glue cure. Hang on a ribbon or chain.
How fun and easy is that? Let us know if you try it! And if you have any comments or questions, leave us a note in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
Jennifer & Kitty