Making this Beaded Lariat Necklace is as simple as making two wrapped loops. Even if you’ve never made a piece of jewelry before, you can make this lovely lariat. We’ll show you how to add the beads to a head pin, how to add a bead cap, and how to make a wrapped loop to connect the beads to the end of the chain. And because this Beaded Lariat Necklace just ties to connect, there’s no need for a clasp. So it’s easy to make and easy to wear!
Here’s a video we made to show you every step to make the Beaded Lariat Necklace. Follow along as we make the necklace, then follow the steps below to make your own!
Video Tutorial: How To Make A Beaded Lariat Necklace
How To Make A Beaded Lariat Necklace
Antique brass chain
2 headpins, antique brass
2 flower bead caps, antique brass
2 crystal bicone beads, 3mm, topaz
2 black faceted teardrop/pear-shaped beads, drilled top to bottom, 1 5mm
1. Cut a 36″ piece of chain.
2. Slide a bicone bead, a pear-shaped bead, and then a bead cap onto a head pin.
3. Pinch the headpin wire above the bead cap with the tip of the round-nose pliers and bend the wire towards yourself 90 degrees. Reposition the round-nose pliers on top of the wire, just above the 90-degree turn. Wrap the end of the headpin over the top jaw of the pliers to start a loop. Reposition the bottom jaw of the round-nose pliers into the partial loop. Bend the wire the rest of the way around to make a complete loop.
4. Slide the loop through the last link in the chain. Grasp the loop with the chain-nose pliers. Wrap the end of the wire around the beaded headpin two times then trim with wire cutters.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make a wrapped loop for the other end of the chain.
Leave a Reply