Here’s a gorgeous new memory wire bracelet project inspired by two hanks of beads. We found the turquoise bugle beads at a bead show and thought they were gorgeous. But they sat around unused until we found the hank of gold cylinder beads. These beads looked so elegant together we just had to make them into something. So here’s the Bugle Bead Memory Wire Bracelet we made.
Memory wire is a very hard coil of wires. The wire is permanently curved into a coil shape, a lot like a Slinky. You can pull the coils of a memory wire bracelet apart to put the bracelet on and they will automatically spring back into the bracelet shape. It makes for a fun bracelet project because it’s practically one size fits all and you don’t need to put on a clasp!
Here’s the video we made showing how we did the Bugle Bead Memory Wire Bracelet. It is from our YouTube Channel. If you haven’t subscribed yet, we’d love to have you check it out. If you like our videos, please click the subscribe link so you won’t miss our new videos. We post a new one every week!
How To Make A Bugle Bead Memory Wire Bracelet
Memory wire, bracelet size, gold color
Bugle beads, turquoise
Cylinder seed beads, gold
Wire cutters (heavy duty)
1. Count out five coils of memory wire. Keep going around the last coil one inch. Then cut the wire with the heavy duty wire cutters. (You can make this any number of memory wire coils you like. We did five.)
2. Use the round-nose pliers to make a loop in one end of the wire. The memory wire is very hard and you’ll need to use some elbow grease to turn the pliers to make the loop. The loop will keep the beads from sliding off the end.
3. To get the bead pattern started, slide on 2 gold cylinder beads.
Then add 3 turquoise beads, followed by 2 gold. Repeat, adding 3 turquoise and 2 gold beads until you are halfway around the first coil.
Slide the beads all the way to the loop to see your progress.
4. To create the focal section slide on 13 gold cylinder beads.
5. Then go back to beading the pattern of 3 turquoise bugle beads and 2 gold cylinder beads followed by 3 turquoise beads and 2 gold beads until you have gone around that coil and are back at the gold focal section. Instead of adding 3 turquoise beads, add 2. This will shift the focal section over one bead.
6. Add another section of 13 gold cylinder beads.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all 5 coils are beaded.
8. Use the heavy duty pliers to roll a loop in the end of the memory wire bracelet as you did in the beginning.
9. Use the heavy duty pliers to trim any excess wire from the loop.
Have you tried using memory wire? We have used it to make lots of bracelets from single bangles to stacked. See a few projects below. If you have any questions about using memory wire, leave us a comment and we promise to reply!
Jennifer & Kitty
More memory wire bracelets:
Memory Wire Charm Bangles
Thanks for Pinning us!