We love this Crystal Bar Necklace project. It requires only a few materials, a couple wrapped loops, and a clasp. And voila – you have a necklace that’s super wearable! It’s so fast and easy, whip up a few in different colors to go with everything!
Jennifer wears her red one the most. Kitty’s blue AB Crystal Bar Necklace is her go-to. Let us know what color you’d make in the comments!
Jennifer & Kitty
How To Make A Crystal Bar Necklace
*Of course, you can use silver or silver-plate for this project. Or gold if you like. Your choice!
1. Cut a 3″ piece of wire. Start a wrapped loop in one end and slide on a piece of chain. (Want to see how to make wrapped loops? Click here.) Finish the wrapped loop.
2. Slide the crystals onto the wire.
3. Start a wrapped loop in one end and slide on the other piece of chain. Finish the wrapped loop.
4. Try on the necklace before you add the clasp. Snip off any excess chain in order to make the necklace the perfect length for you.
5. Use the chain-nose pliers and the round-nose pliers to open a jump ring. Slide one half of the two-part clasp and one end of the chain onto the jump ring. Close the jump ring. (Here’s a refresher on how to open and close a jump ring to put a clasp on a chain.) Repeat to attach the other half of the clasp to the other end of the chain to complete your Crystal Bar Necklace.
We love getting pinned!
Want to make more crystal necklaces? Here are a few of our favorites.
*Some of the items in the tools & materials lists link to that item to buy on Amazon. We are affiliates with Amazon and if we send them a buyer, they give us a little in return. You don’t have to buy from them. You can just click the link to see what the product looks like so you can buy it in your local store. We think that’s helpful sometimes just to see it. -J&K