Ever find a wonderful candlestick and wish you could turn it into a lamp? It’s easy with a bottle adapter lamp kit from the hardware store.
You Will Need:
bottle adapter “Make-a-Lamp” kit
1. Select the rubber adapter from the bottle adapter “Make-a-Lamp” kit that fits the candlestick opening. Slide the adapter all the way onto one end of the threaded pipe.
2. Screw the socket bottom onto the threaded pipe.
3. Tighten the side screw with a screwdriver.
4. Feed the loose-wire end of the electrical cord through the hole in the side of the socket bottom.
5. Pull the cord apart to create some slack, then tie the ends in a knot. This will keep the cord from pulling out of the socket cap.
6. Connect the neutral wire to the silver screw (the rubber insulation on the neutral wire is ribbed) and tighten with a screwdriver.
7. Connect the other wire to the brass screw and tighten with a screwdriver. Make sure the brass tips of the wires are secured under the screw heads.
8. Slide the brass shell with the paper liner over the lamp socket. Snap the brass shell onto the socket bottom and rock it into place until it clicks.
9. Slide the rubber adapter into the candlestick opening. If the rubber adapter feels a little loose in the candlestick, make a tighter fit by wrapping the adapter with a rubber band or two. Screw in a light bulb, then place the lampshade on the new lamp. Plug in and turn it on!
Leave a Reply