This gorgeous Crystal Rainbow Necklace goes with everything. And it is very easy to make. You just use crimp beads to keep the beads in place — they look like they’re floating!
Here’s a video we made showing how we created the Crystal Rainbow Necklace. You can follow along as we make the necklace, then use the instructions below to make your own Crystal Rainbow Necklace.
Video How-to: Crystal Rainbow Necklace
Disclosure: This post has some affiliate links for products we think you’ll like. Even if you don’t want to buy the items online, we think it’s helpful to see what they look like, so you can buy them at your local craft store. If you make a purchase from one of these links, we’ll make a small commission. There is no additional cost to you at all, but it helps us a little so we can pay for our web hosting and the tools and materials we use in these videos and blog posts. All opinions are our own from our own personal experience.
How To Make A Crystal Rainbow Necklace
15 Crystal rondelles, 5mmx8mm in rainbow colors:
pink, rose, red, orange, marigold, yellow, amber, taupe, light green, green, aqua, turquoise, light blue, blue, lavender, and purple
30 Crystal rondelles, 3mm in gun metal
32 Crimp beads, size #1, silver
19-strand Bead stringing wire, bright silver
Box cylinder screw clasp, silver
2 Crimp bead covers, silver
1. Cut a piece of bead stringing wire 21 inches long. Our finished necklace will be 17” so we cut the wire with an extra 2” on each side.
2. Measure 5” from the end of the wire. Slide on a crimp bead. Crimp beads are small tubes of metal meant to be pressed flat or crimped onto the wire. Next, crimp the crimp bead. To crimp it, use the chain-nose pliers to press the crimp bead flat onto the wire. Touch it after you crimp it to be sure it is really attached to the wire. If it moves, crimp it again.
From the other end of the wire, slide on a tiny gun metal rondelle, a pink rondelle, another gun metal rondelle, and a crimp bead. Press the beads together and crimp the second bead flat.
3. Measure ¼” from the last crimp. Slide on a crimp bead and crimp it. Slide on a tiny gun metal rondelle, a rose rondelle, another gun metal rondelle, and a crimp bead. Press the beads together and crimp the second crimp bead closed.
4. Repeat this process adding the beads in rainbow order.
When you finish the last crimp, measure 2” and slide on a crimp bead and half of the clasp. Feed the end of the wire back through the crimp bead.
Crimp the bead and trim the wire.
Slide a crimp bead cover over the crimp bead and press it closed.
5. Repeat to add the clasp to the other side of the necklace.
We love how this Crystal Rainbow Necklace turned out. We got our beads at a bead show. It’s a fun outing if one comes to your neck of the woods. Have you ever been to a bead show? Which one is your favorite? We’d love to hear about it! We are dreaming of going to the famous Pasadena one. Have you ever been?
Jennifer & Kitty
Love it? Pin it! Thanks!
If you like making necklaces, here are a few other projects you might like:
Endless Beaded Necklace