Ribbon bracelets are fun and easy to make! With so many pretty ribbons to choose from, picking out the ribbon might be the hardest part! We’ll show you how to use crimp ends to convert the ribbon into a bracelet and how to put on the clasp. Then we’ll embellish the bracelet with a filigree and little resin rose.
You can follow along with this how-to video we made, then follow the steps below to make your own.
Some of the items in the materials list link to that item to buy on Amazon. We are affiliates with Amazon and if we send them a buyer, they give us a little in return. You don’t have to buy from them. But if you want to, you can just click the link to see what the product looks like so you can buy it in your local store. We think that’s helpful sometimes.
How To Make A Ribbon Bracelet
Tools & Materials
Steps To Make A Ribbon Bracelet
1. Cut a piece of ribbon to be the bracelet. Ours is 6″ long.
2. Add a dab of glue inside one crimp end, then slide a ribbon end into the crimp end.
3. Use the chain-nose pliers to gently close the crimp end over the ribbon end. Be careful not to dent the crimp end. Repeat to add crimp end to the other side of the ribbon.
4. Attach the clasp to the crimp end with a jump ring. To open the jump ring, hold the right side of the jump ring with the chain-nose pliers so that half the jump ring is flat inside the jaws and the split or opening in the jump ring is pointing away from you. Grasp the left side of the jump ring with the round-nose pliers. Open the jump ring by pushing one pair of pliers away from you and pulling the other pair of pliers towards you, like opening a gate or a door. Slide on the clasp and the ribbon end. Close the jump ring by repeating the opening process in reverse, then pressing it flat. Repeat to attach the clasp to the other side.
5. Put a dab of glue on the back of the filigree and press it onto the center of the ribbon bracelet.
6. Put a dab of glue on the back of the resin rose and press it onto the center of the filigree.
This project is so fun and easy, we hope you’ll try it. Let us know what you make!
Jennifer & Kitty